You’ll see that my top 10 list is mainly dominated by Stephen King adaptations. I might have forgotten some films but those are the ones that come to mind when I think of scary sh*t. Keep in mind I haven’t watched a lot of the classics, hence they didn’t make this list. I’ll try and compile a book list too but I guess most of it would be Poe and King so… 😛
- Silent Hill: “Look at me! I’m burning!” For the first time in my life I was ready to get up and leave the theatre. It was so good though that I sat there and kept watching. And then I bought the DVD.
- Recycle: I didn’t really understand the whole lot of it but it was pretty fraked up and scary, the way only the Pang bros can do it.
- Rosemary’s baby: The book was way creepier but it was the movie that made me swear I would NEVER have children. I changed my mind later of course but I was scarred for several years.
- Salem’s Lot: Again, the book was scarier but the movie really really deserves a spot on my list. Somehow, even for a vampire lover like me, a whole town of vampires (and not at all like the fairy twitlike ones) isn’t a very pleasant thought
- Child’s Play: Oh you bet I locked all my humanoid dolls in the attic after this… I wonder why my mum let me watch all this sh*t 😛
- 28 Days later: “Hi, I’m your neighbour. I’m gonna rip you apart now, k?” Yep. Scary as frak.
- Alien Films (ALL of them): ALIEN. FRAKING ALIEN. FRIGGING FRAKING ALIEN. I think I told you before that I LOATHE the “Alien” franchise not for any other reason than that I watched it very young and it gave me plenty of nightmares/made me scream my head off in a full theater *dies of embarassment*
- The Shining: Surprisingly, NOT the Stanley Kubrick version but the 1997 one. Although Jacko was fantastic as Jack Torrance (again the book… brrrr) I really disliked Shelley Duvall as Wendy. I really adored the mini series version though. King’s books are way better as mini series because they NEED the amount of detail the horror master puts in his writings.
- The Mist: “There’s something in the mist. Shut the doors!” Monsters in the mist?Frak yeah ! Thank you Mr. King for another sleepless night.
- Pan’s Labyrinth: When you expet a fairytale and you get this, it’s fairly certain you’ll sh*t bricks 😛
- Kingdom Hospital: Again a mini series but it was so good it actually made me freak out when my husband started talking in his sleep. I thought he was possessed :Pp
- Godsend: For some reason this movie scared me to the point of hiding under the blanket. I still have no clue why.
Of course the scariest movies I’ve ever watched were Twitlight, Epic Movie and Dungeons& Dragons. But those were scary the bad way. They were so crappy that I almost cried myself to sleep. Clicking the links above might make your computer shut down in protest.
Which are the movies that scared you the most?